Re: differentials and gear ratios

To: "Lahtinen, Marko" <MARKOL@isr.gov.au>
Subject: Re: differentials and gear ratios
From: Ron Hamilton <ej99176@goodnet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 18:47:43 -0700
If it has the original rearend and is really a 64, you will have to swap
complete housings and all as the early rear end was only 8 inch vs. the later 9
inch of the mid-65 and later. The parts for the early ones are getting scarce in
the US. Also I remember something about the early ones havng a 4:11 or 4:38 or
something else to accomodate the 85 HP engine

Ron