wits end!

To: ":" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: wits end!
From: "Paul Gabriel" <heyace@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 23:47:13 -0700
Hello out there in roadster land...

I have a question about my car and ... well you know...

First things first.  My car was really running good,except for the loud rattle
from the old
timing chain so I just replaced Replaced everything (timing chains,gears and
tensioners etc...)
and got the whole mess back together pretty good.
Drove it down to Les's place to Have Rob? his new mechanic check things out,and
wouldn't ya
know it my cam gear was one tooth off (no wonder I could not get the timing
just right...dah!)
anyway we fixed that and he adjusted my solex's( had been about a year since
first and only
adjustment so I figured why not re dial them in)
The car seem to run like its old self as I drove it home...

Here's where thing changed.  Rob said that I needed a few shims for tensioners
so I bought a
few to put on later that day when I got home,  also he suggested that I run the
valve cover
breather tube to the back of the my ITG air filter bracket.
I put on the tensioners, fit the breather tube  and went for a short cruise,
all seemed to be
great in roadster land until the car started running rough at low idle(SH*#!)
Well I thought
it might be the new breather pumping to much unwanted air/stuff into the filter
housing so I
pulled it off for the drive back home, pulled in the driveway and again at low
rpms(under 2300)
rough idle and slight hesitation on acceleration

Pulled into garage and adjusted the valves (hot) .008 intake  .012 exhaust  now
it seems to run
even worse.
Here are my symptoms:
rough Idle at low rpms
seems to be missing at low rpms
stutters slightly on acceleration

Help, any suggestions????????

I don't want to bug rob (nor drive back up to vista)
Also sorry for the long winded question I just thought it might help having
some background
info.

Paul
heyace