oily coil and ATF in damper

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: oily coil and ATF in damper
From: pshirley <pshirley@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 20:57:46 -0700
A few questions.

I noticed that my coil has oil seeping from the it.  What would cause
this and is it a sign that it needs to be replaced?  If so, what kind of
aftermarket coil should I get for added performance.  I'm running the
Pertronics(spelling ?) electronic ignition with the stock ballistor
resistor.

I read a clip on a Z internet site, talking about SU carbs, that you can
use automatic transmisson fluid in the SU oil dampners.  Its supposed to
give you quicker throttle response.  Has anyone tried it?

thx Paul