Service Manuals

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Service Manuals
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 10:14:34 -0500
Hello All:
I've seen alot of Datsun/Nissan service manual information being offered
for free at this site. I'm wondering if Nissan allows the free flow of
this information if the manual is out of publication. I have a 1984
300ZX service manual and I posted it at a 300ZX site offering it for
sale at 20.00 plus shipping. To date I've recieved 20 requests for the
book! I called a local dealer and was told that the book is out of
print. Can I reproduce and sell it or will Nissan show up at my door
with the copywrite police? I plan on writing Nissan about this but I
thought maybe someone has been down this road before.
Thanks
Steve Harvey
Milwaukee, WI