Re: Service Manuals

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, stevenh@execpc.com
Subject: Re: Service Manuals
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 99 11:49:10 CDT
Steve,

Best is to obtain permission from Nissan.

The Oregon Club did obtain permission for the copy of the
parts manual, but we were to add a disclaimer that Nissan
was not responsible for errors... ;-) {There are a lot of them}.

The Owners Manual (booklet in the glove box, same thing).

The workshp manual gets confused, as Clymer Publications
took over the printing of the manual. So Nissan P.R. Said
to talk to Clymer. Clymer would allow "artwork" to be used,
but you need to specify the source as the Clymer manual.
[IT is also long out of print, but if there are big bucks
to be made they want to make them].

When it came to the ELECTRONIC IMAGE of the roadster parts book,
Nissan subcontracted a company to do that work. The company
(forget the name), does NOT want to release their artwork, as
they can get money for it.

So in the cobwebs of my mind... a small page, or two, from any
Nisssan publication is usually cool for reprint. Credit the source.

Any book, or publication, with a copyright on it... obtain permission
FIRST!  On my NISSAN manuals, "C" was printed on the first page
starting on late (77?) manuals. Obtain permission first.

Usually Nissan will help with a reprint for "club purposes".
So if you belong to a Z club, send a letter asking for permission
to reprint the manual for CLUB members.

Oh, I have a 1981 300ZX manual and turbo supplement. Good bio
infor when I go looking for brake swaps, etc.

Cheers,

Tom

PS There is a clean, non-running, pickup for sale in Austin.
#$%^@ Court orders... I really can not buy any non-essential
items until the divorce is final. Drat! (would be a great
parts hauler and I like the '71 body style).