carb tune up question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: carb tune up question
From: bilis@napanet.net (Eric Jackson)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:31:47 -0800
I'm having a problem with my carbs. The car runs fine when hot, but when
cold I get a lot of backfiring hitting the gas.

I got a flow meter and followed the directions in the service manuel on how
to tune up the carbs.

The directions say to turn the idle nut screws clockwise until closed then
back them off 3 turns. (I suppose this means 3 full 360 degree turns)  I
did that and the car idled rough then stalled.

Now I can't get the thing started.  I reversed the procedure, checked the
gas in the tank, etc. Now I can't get it started!!

Any sugesstions?

thanks