Roadster oil filters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster oil filters
From: Tom Householder <tomhouse@hevanet.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 19:32:33 -0700
Hello all. This is kind of a serendipity thing. I bought a 87 Escort
witha blown
head gasket for 100.00. As I was tearing the motor apart, I decided to
change
the filter after draining the water/oil out of the pan. I looked at the
filter and it
looked suspiciusly close to the filter on my 69 2000. I had some
U20filters
in my parts cabinet, and low and behold, it fits perfectly on the Ford
Escort.
So if they stop making 1600/2000 oil filters, simply sub a escort/lynx
filter.
there should be a few million still on the road...(Wonder what other
parts are
interchangeable????)_________Tom Householder;Portland, OR