Re: What is it worth?

To: "ELN/edgarhouse" <edgarhouse@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: What is it worth?
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:43:40 -0700
Congrats on the car. Yes, for $1800 you did great! 1600's are strong
engines, and relatively easy to work on.

Carbs: very simple and again, easy to work on. Those two cables from the
passenger compartment are the choke cables. Each of them connect up to an
SU carb. Much easier to start up the cold engine when they're hooked up!
Buy or find a UniSyn carb balancer.

Master cylinders: check for murky fluid, or sediment. Clean it out, refill,
and then bleed the system at least once a year. Be careful, brake fluid is
nasty stuff, so don't get any on the paint.

Be proud of that muffler! Nothin' like letting people know what a real car
should sound like. I wish mine were louder.

I think you have extra springs in the rear!

You can get the coolant caps from the roadster vendors.

Some of us will send links and info on them, more to come later.

Have fun! - Fred, So.SF
BADROC

----------
> From: ELN/edgarhouse <edgarhouse@earthlink.net>
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: What is it worth?
> Date: Sunday, April 11, 1999 5:58 PM
>
> Subject: What is it worth?
>

> > Thank You to those who offered advice on what to look for on my test
drive
> today.  I have never driven a 1600 and was surprised how much pickup it
had.
> My daughter said "Dad this car is fast!.  We enjoyed the ride but I am
not
> ready to tackle the restoration process.  >
>
> For those that wondered what happened to this post well we changed our
mind
> and bought the car.   The web site is now up for those that would like to
> help solve some problems or just want to see our $1800 dollar purchase.
You