I love my car (again)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: I love my car (again)
From: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu (Dan Neuman)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 00:01:54 -0800
Hello All,
        Don't we all have love-hate relationships with our cars??  Sometimes
you just love em, when everything is working right. Then, other times you
just hate em...(when things are going wrong).
        This past Sunday I actually got everything working on my car.  Even the
cig. lighter Ken of Datster fame gave me on Sat. So, of course I had to take
the car out for a spin.  Just so I could see the gauges work and the play
with the cig. lighter-I don't smoke. It had been pretty cold/rainy all
weekend but around
5pm the sun came out and warmed things up and dried everything off and I
was off.
        Living in the City you can get kinda annoyed with all the tourists
mucking things up.  On Sunday I think I saw my city from their point of view.
I live within a five minute drive of some of the nicest vista points you could
want.  I can sit in my car on the edge of a cliff and watch the sun go down
over the pacific.  Or I can go to another spot and see the golden gate bridge
at night.  Or another spot that overlooks the city.  With a topless car you
can sit there and enjoy the view and smell the flowers. In a convert. you
feel
more like you are a part of the vista you are taking in.
 Lean your head back and make shapes out of the clouds passing overhead.
I have not spent a more enjoyable, relaxing, lazy Sunday half-an-evening
in quite a while.
        Oh, was there a point to this...? don't give up in frustration cause
when that car finally runs it's all a gonna be worth it.  People say I am
crazy to put so much money into a car that will never be worth lots. But
how do you put a price tag on my wonderful lazy Sunday drive???

                Daniel 69 2000