Re: Red Line

To: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Subject: Re: Red Line
From: Gary Gerding <ggerding@tconl.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:44:18 -0500
After all of the talk about Redline synthetic oils,
I decided to give them a try.  I have not liked how
my Roadster shifts when it is cold.  As per the
recommendation from Red Line that Jim Cawrse
posted, I had my mechanic put MT-90 in the tranny
and 75W90 in the differential.  My mechanic was
surprised at how thin both products were and that
I might see some leaking, if my seals are not perfect.
Immediately I noticed much smoother shifting.  The
notchy feeling is gone!  It may be my immagination,
the the whole car sounds different to me now.  I also
put some water wetter in the radiator, but did not
notice much difference in water temperature.

My speedometer and tachometer are both in need of
service.  Can someone recommend a shop that works
on Roadster gauges?  It would be nice to get the rims
rechrome plated at the same time.

I got new(used) wheels and tires put on my Roadster
today.  I bought 4 straight used origional wheels, had
them chemical dipped and repainted and had 175/70R14
Cooper Lifeliner Classic II's mounted on them.  I
bought these tires because they were the only ones I
could find in that size with narrow (1/2") whitewalls.  I
am trying to make my car look like it did when I got it
in 1971.  Am I the only one that likes this look?

Gary Gerding, 1967 SPL311, Omaha, NE