More Seats Options! RX-7

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Seats Options! RX-7
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:32:53 -0500
RX-7 seats are also a viable option for the roadster.  After much yard
scrounging and measuring what seemed like every bucket seat made, I found a
black leather set out of an 88 or 89 RX-7.  They sit right on the floor,
like the originals, and have lots of support(lumbar, and side bolsters on
the seat and back) and have adjustable/removeable headrests.  They tend to
keep you glued to the center of the seat.  Fairly easy install.  Only
difficult part is setting them square as one of the frame rails is set at a
45 degree angle to accomodate the original RX-7 application.  Really
comfortable!  Do not currently have a roll bar installed so I'm unsure if
they are compatible.

Anybody else out there found another seat (preferably vinyl or leather) that
fits really nice if I am unable to find another set of RX-7 donors at the
right price and condition?.  The RX-7 seats are staying in the 70 1600 but I
am considering an alternative set for my 69 2000.

Thanks
Nathan