bearings and cleaning

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: bearings and cleaning
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller9@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:02:16 PDT
I dropped the oil pan and found some small shavings of metal, but
nothing I thought was excessive.  A friend told me that if I have the
motor out its is stupid not to put new bearings in.  How do I do this?
Do I have to pull the fly wheel and lower pully?  If so how? Then what
is the proceedure for removing the rings? is this complicated or
necessary?  There is no scarring on the sides of the cylinders but
there is a lot of carbonization on the tops of the pistons.

Now I would like to completely clena the motor in preparation for a
new coat of paint.  can I just spray it with degreaser and hit it with
the pressure washer or should the insides not get wet and degreased?

Thanks Ian Miller