transmission

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: transmission
From: "Ian Miller" <ianmiller9@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:09:17 PDT
I have 3 transmissions hear, how do I know which one is in better
shape?  the one out of my car has only one broken tooth as far as I
can see, but it always felt sloppy while shifting.  This could havce
been due to the fact that it was only attached to the motor by 2 bolts
and the starter.  Secondly I plan on replacing my clutch, can someone
tell me the names of the different parts?  there is a disc hta fits on
the end of the shaft and moves to press on the flywheel and a assembly
that I can't figur out what is does, but is heavier and also has a
wear surface.

Thanks Ian miller