Re: Clutch Kits/More on seats/and windshield washers

To: NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Kits/More on seats/and windshield washers
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:40:55 EDT
80 dollars is great.  My originals are at the "seat guy" and its gonna be more
like 300 to have the originals  re-created.  They were shot, vinyl, foam, even
the rubber "springs" on the bottom.  Never thought of the junkyards, which
is unusual since I like them so much for lots of parts.  Oh well,
I'll have original looking (expensive) ones.  On the issue of junkyards,
I obtained a center console for my 67 and noticed the windshield washer
is a push-pull pump. (long since non-functional)
No other parts of the system exist on my car,
except the nozzles on the cowl, I was thinking I could put a junkyard
resorvoir/pump in the corner of the trunk, use a pull on off switch  with
the original knob on the console, and have a good washer without
figuring out where to put it under the hood.  I guess the original had a
bag, under the hood, from what Ive been told.  Anyone with any ideas
on this?
Jim
Chesapeake Va