Misc. Ramblings and Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Misc. Ramblings and Questions
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:12:54 EDT
Hi all,
A good weekend, lots of time with the project.  All chrome and
trim off.  Almost got the floorboards chipped free of the
original tar-like sound deadener.  What a pain.  Some
pinholes, and lots of rust underneath, gonna try Por-15,
with marine grade fiberglass over the holes first.
My rubber bits came from Dean at Fairlady Products.
Window squeegees, taillight gaskets, hood bump stops,
etc. etc.  Nice looking stuff in original Nissan packaging.
Need some help with a few questions:
1)  What do the four fuses go to, top to bottom.  I could figure this
out, but someone out there probably already knows!
2)  The 2 small boxes on the driver side  fenderwall, are they
relays?  I would guess headlights and horn.  Which is which?
Each has 3 wires going to it.
3)  The temp sender wire, where does it come out of the wiring
harness?  I got the sender located, by the thermostat, but
no wire going to it.  (Most probably why no temp gauge reading
when I ran the car). I can find no stray wires in the area.
as you can guess, hooked up a 12 volt source to the car and have
begun troubleshooting.  A surprising amount of stuff actually works!
4)  Anyone out there have an early key blank?  My car came
with no keys  (I have the title-really)  The lock guy found one
early blank, but is stumped finding more.  He has the locks and
ignition switch, so can do me right, but needs more blanks, the
chance of getting the key right, first try, and one key fitting
the locks and ignition, is very small after 32 years.
5) On the coil, there's an extra capacitor.  What the heck is this for.
and what side of the coil (bat or dist) does it go to?  Mine is
just hanging there.  The normally expected capacitor is there on
the bottom of the distributor.  Whats the rating? (For the "extra" one).
Looks like a good cheap item to replace.
If it shorted, I wouldn't ordinarily look there for
the dreaded no spark syndrome.
Thanks in advance,  and if you know the answer to just one of these
things, that's more than me, and I would appreciate the help!!
All this for a early 67 1600
SPL-311  09059

Jim
Chesapeake, Va