Re: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff

To: DemonTSi@aol.com
Subject: Re: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:36:19 EDT
In a message dated 04/18/1999 4:17:35 AM Mountain Daylight Time, DemonTSi
writes:

<< Wow, I've received A LOT of responses for the bushings...and I don't want
to sell them on a first email, first served basis cuz I know I sent the email
out at an ungodly hour, and I can't expect people to receive their emails at
the same time. I don't know how I will sell them, but I was trying to recover
as much of my initial investment as possible, as they are literally brand
new. I paid 94, and was hoping to get about 85 shipped for them.......?

 Van >>
Van,

I'll take them at $85 shipped if you haven't allready sold them. As to frame
coating, no, I didn't do a body off on mine. I need it for transportation and
I had to borrow a friend's car to use while I was painting mine. I wish I had
another car to drive so I could do a frame off, but as it was, I took the
doors, hood, trunk, windshield and all the trim off, then masked off the
interior when I painted it. You are so close to having it disassembled that
far you might as well take it down to the frame. I think the POR15 is a great
idea. Where I have used it, it looks like it will hold up forever and is nice
and glossy.  What I did was put the car up on stands and clean the frame,
pull the wheels off, cover the brakes and suspension, then paint it with
black base coat and put two coats of clear over that. This was on the areas
that are visible from the side of the car. I also painted the insides of the
wheel wells with the body color, as it was done originally and clear coated
that as well.  I didn't paint the rest of the frame like the X member.  The
base coat/clear coat looks really good and should hold up well, but I also
had almost no rust to cover up and if you have some the POR should do great
on it.

Anyway, let me know about the bushings.

Thanks,
Joseph