Those urethane parts I have for sale...and engine swapping news.

To: BERKEN@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Those urethane parts I have for sale...and engine swapping news.
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 06:14:01 EDT
Wow, I'm sure that line I sent was familiar to a lot of people. I just
received WAY more interest than I anticipated for those things, so I had to
end up copy and pasting the same info to everyone!! But I think I have come
to a decision on this...sort of. Barrie told me that he was more interested
in buying the parts just to stash them away, so he was willing to pass on
them. So I would rather sell them to someone who's in the process of
rebuilding their front suspension, rather than a person looking to just put
them in a safe spot for who knows how long. I'm not trying to be an ass, but
I'm sure you guys can understand right? So if that's cool with you, and you
are in need, feel free to email me. OR...if everyone who emailed me just
wanted the bushings to store...I'll still sell them. I'll send another note
out to the list later this week if that's the case and I get no bites from
the "needy." I guess if it came down to that, then I'll go with the first
email, first served!  :)

Oh yeah, can't forget to talk about the engine swap. I have a new name for my
pain and anger, and it is the $@%*^& tranny tunnel brace! I have NEVER heard
anyone talk about it. And I have NEVER seen any pics of it before. In fact, I
didn't even know it existed till I tried in vain to wedge the SR20 into the
car for a good hour plus. I think I'm going to have to introduce that mofo to
mr. sawzall later this week. The brace doesn't even seem to serve a real
purpose; the tunnel should be plenty strong without it...and it's not even
really a strucutal member.
Other interesting notes: The stock exhaust manifold will just clear the
steering column if you tilt the engine correctly while dropping it in. The
manifold even has a nice indent in it that wraps around the column, as if it
the two were meant to go together. The stock intake manifold plenum rests
just right on top of the inner fender with no clearance problems. The VERY
cool pedal/throttle bracket linkage might have to get the heave ho tho...but
I'm trying to find a way to get it to work with the new engine, so that I can
get that thing chromed!!

3:11am and time to do homework,
Van