Fuel pump safety cutoff

To: "Toby B" <toby@wolfenet.com>,
Subject: Fuel pump safety cutoff
From: "Rob Robinson" <FastrTime@t-three.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:28:27 -0400
    Many cars that came with electric fuel pumps use a relay or relays to
switch the pump on during starting and when the alternator is generating
voltage, or the oil pressure is up. This basically means that if you have a
serious crash, the electric pump will turn off when the engine stops,
whether or not the key is on.

Rob Robinson
CSP 67 2000
Roanoke, Va