RE: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for sa

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I think I'm going to do a frame off....(and more stuff for sa
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:46:11 -0600
Van, since you are changing the motor, it is much easier to make all your
mounts when the car body is off. I know! The thing to do is make sure you
have all your measurements and templates made BEFORE you remove the body.
Take lots of measurements. I only missed one and I got really lucky and the
trans fits in the tunnel with just one spot rubbing. Fixed it with the 2
pound manual adjuster. One person can remove the body (with an engine hoist)
but it you have two strong friends, you can insert a steel rod into the
jacking hole on each side, you can lift the whole front of the car that way.
Then put weight on the front (after it is on saw horses) and the back lifts
with about 20 pounds of force. I built a roller cart to put the body one.
When putting it back on the frame, just go slowly. I used 3 4x4 to support
the car when taking it off and on.

Don