Heads,valves,etc.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Heads,valves,etc.
From: IMPORT1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:56:14 EDT
Well, all the recent talk of valve jobs etc. got me to digging through my
spare parts bin. I have a 2.0 head that came off an alleged balanced engine.
Upon close inspection I found it has indeed been ported and polished. I
figured I would clean it up and use it on my current rebuild project. Heres
the strange thing.......Looking at the head from the front view it seems as
though it's been surfaced at a slight wedge type angle,the intake side being
"thicker" than the other side. Heres the questions, Has anyone ever seen this
before? Can I use it on a stock engine? Advantages,disadvantages? I can only
assume the wedge cut has something to do with valve clearance. possibly to
squeeze more compression without valve contact?! I bolted it up and it turns
free and clear. I would really like to use it as it is in the best shape out
of all the heads I have. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff
2000's