Re: Tunnel brace

To: ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Tunnel brace
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:05:01 -0700
While trying to fit my radio console back in my '66 into the proper
location (because the PO had mounted the top above the dash ledge to clear
some thick carpet and foam padding), I needed to locate the original side
mount holes.

So I pulled off the shifter boot, and figured I could use a mirror and
flashlight to see the tunnel mount holes for the radio console.

No can do, as the tunnel brace is in the way. Something new to me, as my
'68 and '70 don't have a brace there. I will be chopping it out the next
chance I get. And I don't look forward to installing my 2 inch exhaust
pipes, now sitting in a box. These early cars do have their surprises!

Fred - So.SF
BADROC