fusing the main alternator lead

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fusing the main alternator lead
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:32:51 -0700
I've had a couple of people ask for more info about putting a fuse or
fusible link in the main lead to the alternator.  I realized that in
order to cover all the bases for the range of experience that is out
there, I would need to provide more background than I can in an email to
this list, or even to individuals.

I'll probably put together a short article for ZCCD magazine and see if
I can get that printed.  If it happens I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I would suggest if you aren't real comfortable about
doing this sort of thing yourself, it's probably best to either get some
help from a knowledgable friend, take your car to a pro and pay him, or
just leave well enough alone.  I have only heard of a couple of cases
where the ammeter was destroyed by a shorted alternator, and I've been
hanging around Roadsters for many many years.

Barrie
'66 2000
San Diego