Re: Fw: Boy am I "cranky"!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Boy am I "cranky"!
From: bill/liz wessel <bwessel@itis.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 01:23:53 -0500
Nathan,

Without the Nissan part #, we can't see if there was a mistake made (though
this would be rare as the bearings are the same for 5-main 1600 and 2000)
and your machining would not have changed the side clearance on the main.

The thrust faces are copper-colored. That is normal.

I have always let my machine shop assemble the bottom end. Dail bore gauges
and resizing rod ends (did you install new bolts?)....not for the faint of
heart.

Ps. Be sure you set the oil hole on the rods (just above the bolthead)
toward the cam, this is how it's lubed (from spray off the rods).

Bill Wessel
Madison, WI
'68 1600, '69 2000,
and GP race roadsters