fitting the Miata seat

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: fitting the Miata seat
From: JeffnAly@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:41:02 EDT
Hi all
OK, I'll tell you how I mounted my Miata seats, but I'm not suggesting this
is the only way or long term solution.

I flattened the angle at the ends of each Miata seat rail and cut off the
downward protruding peg at the front of the rail.  Then mounted an 1X3" by
18" oak rail to the Maita rails using short large carriage bolts.  Then
mounted the oak rails to the roadster floor in the original roadster holes
using carriage bolts going doun.  It is solid and one would have to rip the
carriage bolts through one inch oak to pull them off the floor.

Also, the $100.00 seats are in nice shape but no speakers mounted in them --
yet.

Jeff S SRL486