V6 again

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: V6 again
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:27:16 -0600
Since I have had a lot of questions about the V6 installation recently
I'll go over it again.  The engine is an 86 from a pickup.  The tranny
came from the same vehicle.  Everything will clear the roadster but the
tunnel brace needs to be cut out, also the shifter is about 5 inches
forward of the original requiring a new opening.  The mounts were made
from 1/4 inch flat stock and must be welded.  A header is required on
the left side to clear the steering.  A new drive shaft will mate the
new tranny to the stock rearend.  This installation is not really,
really hard but it does require fabrication and welding skills  If any
one decides to go this route email me and I can give more details.  You
will need the computer to run stock ignition and fuel injection or go
with the aftermarket stuff like I did.  (ie. MSD computer ect.)  The
listed 165 horsepower (before headers and duals) really move the
roadster down the road, and the 5th speed overdrive is great on the
highway.   Hope this clears it up for everyone.    Bill    66&67 spls in
N.M.

The VG-30 from the 300z will work as well.