Re: 1969???

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1969???
From: Mark van der Hoek <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 21:24:57 +0000
Marc Sayer wrote:>

> I would say the problem is
> most likely with our email software trying to interpret the year 19100
> from the date line when it makes the message list. If this is only
> showing up for those using Netscape for their email, then I'll bet this
> is a Y2K bug in Netscape.

I would't say that was a bug.  It's getting bad data from the date
line. GIGO.

> > > [snip]
> > >

> > > This is because the Unix date is an offset from 1900. It is the
> > > reason why Unix is 'Y2K Ready' not 'Y2K Compliant'.

This guy probably wouldn't know egrep from an emu!

I sure hope on-one else on the list has the nasty bug that's going
around.  I can't remember the last itme I was this sick.  I get maybe
15 minutes up and have to sack out again for a few hours.  Think I'm
finally on the mend...

Mark van der Hoek
captainhoek@postmark.net