Fw: Manifold Vacuum

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Manifold Vacuum
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:35:00 -0600
> > Nathan
> > Does the idle rise after the car starts warming up if it does you may
> > have the cable to tight.
> > nruff wrote:

 The cable is loose.  If this adds to the dilemma at all,  if I push down on
 both carb's throttle linkages (where the return springs are attached),  it
 sputters and dies and will not recover.  When I do this, I can't even
 percieve that the throttle shafts are moving-they already feel bottomed
out.
 The timing is currently set at 16 BTDC which also helped bring the idle
 down.  There is still NO exhaust so it is difficult to judge how the car is
 operating, and YES the neighbors still talk to me <g> !!  The car seems to
 have OK power but I haven't really gotten on it-doesn't feel like 135hp
yet.
 I admit though,  that I do "baby" my cars,  trying to keep them out of the
 higher RPM ranges.  When I cruise around in my MX-6,  I get passed by
 grandma's in Omni's, but I don't care.  Still it's fun to blow away
 "contenders" from time to time<g>.  From the sounds of the rest of the
list,
 I may have to force my self to keep the RPM's up to really enjoy the
 spirited driving that everyone talks about-sacrifices-sacrifices ;-)  Well,
 I digress.

 Thanks again for your input.

 Nathan