RE: Steering Wheels, Electric Fans and such!

To: "'Ron & Julie Edgar'" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: Steering Wheels, Electric Fans and such!
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:25:21 -0500
On my '66 I replaced the stock alternator w/one from a 240 Z. The only
modification needed is you have to cut off the rear ear. While this is
not recommended by some, in the 16 years I've been running with it I
have had absolutely no problems. I used a much larger front washer on
the bolt holding the alternator to the lower bracket to spread the
stress. Everything else lines up perfectly and it puts out 60 amps and
are alot cheaper than roadster alternators. And remember you still have
a Datsun part!!

BTW you have to cut the alternator harness as the plug won't match up to
the 240 Z alternator. I also extended the harness by splicing new wire
in where you don't see it once you wrap it w/electrical tape.

Bright lights and electric fans,
Mike
SPL 1819