Oil filters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil filters
From: bill/liz wessel <bwessel@itis.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:54:57 -0500
Thanks Gordon, for the link to the oil filter pages...very informative!

I will say I've had no bad experiences with the Fram 3639 and I'll have to
check what that crosses to in Purolator (L30042?).

BUT....the Fram 2825 (or anything that crosses to it) IS NOT THE FILTER TO
USE. Yes, it will be noisy and yes, you can sit and wait and watch until
your oil pressure builds up. (I know this because I experienced it myself
long ago).

On the race car I've been using the Fram HP1, an improved version of the
PH8. It will spin right onto the stock mount (though I use a sandwhich
plate for a oil cooler). You still want the oil tube to prevent drain back
and give you instant oil pressure on start-up if you have the filter mount
up as in the stock position. (This is why you don't see many oil filters
mounted this way, they're either to the side or down)

Bill Wessel
Madison, WI
'68 1600 and
GP race car