Re: Distributor

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: Mark Dent <stickerman@home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:40:59 -0500
> > > Some of the changes required included:
> > > 1.      extensive emmissions equipment
> > > 2.      Height of windshield requirements
> > > 3.      Dual Circuit brakes
> > > 4.      Locking steering columns
> > > 5.      Double locking hood (w/safety catch)
> > > 6.      Seat Belts
> > > 7.      Flashers
> > > 8.      Collapsable steering columns
> > > 9.      Different door latches (that didn't fly open when hit)
> > > 10.     Locking seat backs (so they don't fly forward when you stop short
> > > and     you go flying through the windshield - almost been there and done
> > > that)
> > > 11.     Padded dashes
> > > 12.     Non-reflective materials in the interior (that's why the later
>early
> > >         models didn't have Shiny chrome)
> > > 13.     Brake warning lights inside to tell you your brakes aren't
>working!!
> > > 14.     Tamper proof odometers!!!!!!
> > > 15.     Vin No. plaque attached to the dash (see 4)
> > > 16.     Reflectors
> > > 17.     Side Marker lights
> > > 18.     Non venting (to the air at least) gas tanks (Carbon filters)
> > >
> > > and others I can't remember

I don't know about the regulations but, 68 did not have side marker
lights, VIN on dash plate, or a double locking hood.  I also know the
taller windshield was not a height requirement it was the way Datsun got
by the regulation for "more windshield wiper area" That is why MG went
to 3 wipers and kept the original size windshield

Mark
Baltimore
http://www.datsunroadsters.com
1968 1600