Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF

To: agarrettsmith@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 100 10:47:09 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        This whole stolen roadster thing has me concerned.  Our cars may be
easy to steal but they jsut do not have the wide appeal of say a nice
acura.  Does anybody else find it interesting that they took the top?? the
manual?? Was it an original 67.5 rare as sh*t manual??  It seems to me that
this was probably done by someone who is not a stanger to roadsters. Someone
who knows that a complete top assembly,(with latches) for a low window car
is not cheap??  Or maybe someone who needed it for a resto of their own
low window car(low window roadsters are not exactly plentiful in this area).
        It makes me sick to think that a fellow roadster owner might of
done something like this to another fellow roadster owner.
        And unfortunately.. not everyone with a roadster in this area is
on the email list so someone could buy it from the theif unkowningly....
Thank goodness I keep it in my locked garage...
                Daniel 69 2000 Solex 4.11LSD, MSD6AL, blah blah blah...

One good thing about the MSD is that it comes wired with an ignition cut off
option..flip a switch and no-one is going to start it.
        Actually I don't know how anyone could start my solex engine with
out the secret starting sequence. ... Pump the gass twice pull the choke
out to just there and blammo it starts right up.  If you don't do this it
will jsut not start...Oh wait I guess thats not a secret anymore....