Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF

To: "Andrew Murphy" <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
Subject: Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:16:05 -0800
Here's what I did on mine (now please don't anyone steal my car!)

I installed a marine cutoff switch on my '66. So popping the ignition
switch won't start the car. Also, I bought one of those Sears security
batteries. You use a remote to power the ignition. When the battery is
alarmed, enough power flows to start the car, but it cuts the power shortly
afterwards. Three starts like this, and the battery goes completely dead
until you use the remote to deactivate the security. It won't stop
professional thieves, but it should stop the witless joyriders. They can
hotwire the car but they'll get frustrated when the car only goes a few
feet and stops dead (and hopefully they'll leave).

The Club on the steering wheel doesn't do much good, as a thief will carry
a vise-grip. They remove the steering wheel and use the vise-grip to steer
the car.

Fred

> From: Andrew Murphy <andrew.murphy@integtech.com>
> To: 'Alan Smith' <agarrettsmith@hotmail.com>
> Cc: 'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'
> Subject: RE: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF
> Date: Friday, January 21, 2000 7:28 AM
>
> Hey Alan,
>
> Congrats on getting the car back. I hope it comes back together soon.
There