Road & Track Roadster Reviews

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road & Track Roadster Reviews
From: "Fred L. Coover" <Flc@CooverLaw.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 18:16:42 -0500
From:   Chip Coover
            1967 SPL311 06322
            Engine U20 06869

            2901 Hunt Valley Drive
            Glenwood, Maryland  21738
            (H) (410) 489-4923
            (F) (410) 997-3780
             flc@CooverLaw.com

Sunday, January 23rd.

I have crude photocopies from three (3) issues of Road & Track as
follows:

    1.    May 1967-Technical Review of the "Datsun Sports 1600"-pics,
performance chart, specs including "Price as tested$2621.00-Cover plus 3
pages;

    2.    November 1967-Technical Review of the "Datsun 2000
Sports"-pics, performance chart, specs including "Price as tested
$2950.00-Cover plus 3 pages; and

    3.    October1968-Comparison Test-"4 Basic Sportscars"
"Austin-Healey Sprite, Datsun 1600, Fiat 850 Spider, Triumph
Spitfire"-pics, performance chart, specs-cover plus 7 pages.

I have no idea whether these are readily available, old news,
coveted-whatever, but I'd be happy to share them with anyone interested.

I do not know how to "publish" them on the internet, but can fax them to
someone who does.

Also, I recently found Mark Dent on "my side of the world".  Are there
any other Roadsterites in the greater Baltimore-DC/east of the
Missippi/anywhere but the west coast (sorry guys-I'm just jealous)
area???

I own a 1967 1600 with a '68 2 liter and 5 speed.  Soft & hard tops.
Garaged/not driven since 1980 (marriage has its disadvantages).  I'm
interested in getting back into car and doing a ground-up restoration.

The bottom end of the car is badly rusted-especially door pillars (doors
sag/hit
frame/must be lifted to close).

The mechanicals were in good shape in 1980 when the car went into
"storage"
Nothing was done to prep the car for storage.

Is there anything I should do to the engine before I try to start the
car??