Re: double locking hood

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: double locking hood
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 00 14:42:04 CST

ON my 68 2000, when I drove it back from the paint shop (used
a friends spray booth), it did not have ANY latches or windshield
in it.

I was cruising along at 60 - 70, when a large Truck (small moving
van style) passed me. The backdraft caused the hood to start to
fly up. I reached out through the windshield frame to hold the
hood down.

This startled the driver of the van enough, he almost lost control
of his rig! Was funny to see him and a passanger staring at me.

Doors were held shut with a bungy cord, and I was sitting on a
pile of towels. Dumb, but it was a blast to drive home with the
wind on my face. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter   '67 2000
Austin, TX   '68 2000