Guage Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Guage Questions
From: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:10:25 -0600
Happy Monday,

I have a couple of questions about the guages on my 67.5 1600.

1)  AMP/FUEL Guage:
The Fuel guage is working fine, but the Amp guage has no reading.  I have
the white wire attached to positive connector and the black wire attached to
the negative connector.  Using a testing light, I have power at both the
positive & negative connectors, but no reading.  Does this mean that the Amp
guage is a goner?  Is there anything I can do, or do I need to buy a new
guage?

2)  TEMP/OIL Guage:
The Temp guage is working fine, but no reading on the Oil guage, both
sending units are new.  Using the testing light, there is a slow pulse on
the connector from the Oil sending unit, and the IGN connector also has
power.  Goner?  Anything I can do?
BTW on the Temp guage, I also have a slow dim pulse on the connector from
the Temp sending unit, and bright pulses on the IGN connector.

TAFYH...Robert - 67.5 1600 - Albuquerque