OT:Re: <FS> 1974 Fairlady Z

To: Sexmnypwr@aol.com, ben.herman@excite.com, datsunroadsters@onelist.com,
Subject: OT:Re: <FS> 1974 Fairlady Z
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:06:53 PDT
First: Well, I wouldn't gauge any price based on the high bid from EBAY. It
just a bid....who knows if the transation ever occurred.

Second, with the Fairladys Z's you have to be careful. The car may need to
be Federally approved for the US. This may mean adding significant
additional saftey features....including possibly new saftey glass all the
way around.

Third, does the car have a current valid STATE title. If not, you may be
thrown back into the issues of Federal saftey before a title can be issued.

Fourth, in California (the EBAY car was from California), a 1974 may need a
SMOG certificate. Don't know if a 1974 Japanesse model car can meet
California emmission regulations.

Fifth, condition of the car must be taken into account. (the car on ebay
looked REALLY nice)

BTW - $2000 for a Fairlady Z sound like a very, very cool project!!!

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1966 SPL311