RE: NEW PHOTOS

To: "Daniel Beatty" <daniel@seaport.net>
Subject: RE: NEW PHOTOS
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:12:16 -0400
Wow? I have had over 400 hits on the soft top pictures and many questions
are the same so here are some answers.

Yes I did install the top my self and it is not a job for the inpatient.  It
has now come to light that I pulled the material too tight on one side then
the other by approx. 1/2" (more on the left side then the right)  This is
what is causing the problem you see in the pictures.  Look at the right side
and you will see it fits against the material flat and upright.  The window
is not (as I first thought) supposed to be in the pocket at the back as this
would scoop water into the interior.

Now that I know it was MY fault and not the vendor I will release the name.
The top is good quality and the price is right
when you add in it has a zip down rear window. If you live where its HOT you
need the air flow. trust me!

The top is from Dean at Fair Lady Products.  Total cost of top with bow
gasket was $272.20.
Make sure Dean checks the hardware bag he sends because who ever made them
up for him
does not know a female snap back from a male. The snaps were all female.
Also the ovals
for the back turn fasteners were the wrong count.  Dean sent me those but I
never had a chance
to tell him about the snaps.

As for the bungy cords they are to pull the material tight around and
against the glass.  The cars came with
a steel cable and spring.  I find the bungy  cord does the same job. Plus I
use it to secure the top when folded back.
(SEE NEW PICTURES)

I also have two small bungy cords pulling the forward frame bar back and up.
My car needs this but I really do not know why
as other cars do not seem to have this problem.

Hope I have answered everyone's questions.

When you get a chance check out the HOT TUB photos :-)

Ron & Julie Edgar

rvedgar@bellsouth.net
http://edgarhouse.homepage.com