Re: Head gaskets, etc.

To: Bahnseye@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head gaskets, etc.
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 00 09:55:53 CDT
On the head gasket sealing:

If it is a plain composite material: I like using the
Kopper Koat spray on both sides before installing the
head gasket.

If you have a new style gasket with the graphite (black)
coating then install it as is.  I have seen the new style
headgaskets for the U20 engine, but not sure what Nissan
is shipping for the 1600.

If you get one of those 1600 head gasket with the stamped
steel on one, or both, sides. Just drop it into the trash
can. Saves the headache. [NOTE: If you have a CAST IRON
head that headgasket will work, but for an aluminum head
try to find the double sided composite].

Cheers,

Tom Walter  '68 2000 "Rodney"
Austin, TX. '84 Toyota Land Cruiser Wagon "Spot"
            '99 Maxima "Max"