Re: a cart for a frame off work

To: "datsun roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: a cart for a frame off work
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:41:32 -0700
Hi Ataru,

Oops! Something I never got around to, is a posting of a picture of my
dolly. (Stop snickering!) I built a rugged dolly out of 2x6 lumber and
castor wheels for under $100 a few years ago. Locking heavy-duty wheels
were the most expensive part. This cart allows one person to easily move
the frame/body around the garage - sideways, spin it, forward, backward,
etc. Basically a box, with triangular wedges in the inside corners, and
metal braces at the corners for strength, all bolted together. Very easy to
do. I'll post the drawings this week.

I also built wooden supports that hold the body high up in the air, and will
post a diagram of those. This body support design is not as good as the frame
dolly, but it gets the job done. My '68 has been up in the air for three years
(in more ways than one). Note: others successfully use a chain hoist to support
the body in the air, making use of the seat rear bolt holes in the floor.

Fred - So.SF