OT- Are roadsters risky?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT- Are roadsters risky?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:11:15 PDT
List,

I have been reading with interest the posts concerning safety and driving
our cars. I have also been in some fender benders but never a serious
accident. I figure that when an accident happens, there is not much you can
do about it. That's why they are called accidents. You can wear seat belts
and have roll bars, but let's face it. In a head on or full side impact with
an SUV or other heavy car at more than 40 mph- you are probably dead. Does
that mean I'd ever think about not driving my roadster? The thought is
ludicrous to me.

I discovered Datsun Roadsters about two years ago on a blind date of all
things. Turns out she had a 67.5 1600. I was absolutely thrilled with the
car. I totally blew it on the date because all I wanted to talk about was
the car. Needless to say I was hooked on them and at my earliest
convienience picked up a beautiful 67.5 1600. I drove it for a year and a
half and it now has a nice home in Denver. I now have my 2000 and driving it
gives me A LOT of pleasure. Yes, it is fun to drive fast and chase Vic Laury
through the twisties. Yes, it is fun to talk about the car to an interested
passer by or stop light encounter. Yes, If I flip this thing I will probably
be scraped off of the road with a spatula.

I certainly am not going to worry about it. I am a good driver and I wear my
seat belt and I try to drive defensively. Some drunk running a red light or
whatever can't stop me from enjoying my ride.

See ya out there,

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex
SoCalROC