really nice third light source!!

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: really nice third light source!!
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:07:57 -0700
Hey gang,
I just found a source of what I think would be a really nice center-mount
3rd brake light.  I use my car for commuting some days here in the SoCal
South Bay, and the sight of those SUV's suddenly filling up my mirror is
starting to make my skin crawl.

What I found is custom-aftermarket Harley turn signals, called Bullet
lights.  They're about 1-1/4" in diameter with a really slick looking chrome
housing that looks like a swoopy-shaped bullet.  I know, an inch and a
quarter sounds small, but these things are REALLY BRIGHT.   I can post
pictures, but I think we were told not to post pictures directly onto this
page, so if someone can post it, or wants to take a look, send me a message
and I'll forward the picture.

The only challenge is that the mounting stem is a threaded bolt, and I DO
NOT want to put a hole in my trunk lid, so I'm gonna try to fabricate a
mount that will attach around the trunk lid that this light can mount to.
Wish I could say you'll see it in Solvang, but I'm not going to drive my
roadster, so I'll bring it along and you can see how bright it is.  I met
the guy who builds them and sells them to Harley shops, so we have the
inside connection to the source.

"Aliens in Shasta", whew!
That stuff was right out of a Herb Caen column in the San Francisco
Chronicle.!

Fergus