Distributor caps and John Deer tractors

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor caps and John Deer tractors
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:20:44 -0400
  Somebody threw out NAPA as a good source for a distributor cap because
they have brass contacts.  I'll find out Tuesday when I pick mine up.  I
ordered a NAPA Echlin EP305.  It was listed for a 1968-70 Nissan 1597cc 311.
They also list a rotor, EP312.
  So how many of you are still reading, trying to figure out how a John Deer
sneaks into a Datsun list?  Well, my blades started cutting out
intermittently the last time I cut the grass and it was on my list of things
to look at this weekend.  The blades are controlled by an electric clutch,
similar to the one on an automotive air conditioning compressor.  I was
really afraid of what one would cost when I set out to test it. After
struggling for ten minutes trying to remove the electrical connector, I
decided to just cut the wires ( must be that little bit of Irish in me! )!
While trying to figure out where to cut the wires to make it easy to splice
them later, I found two more wires in the same bundle that had to go some
where.  So down on my back, with a 500 watt trouble light trying to burn
what little hair I have left, I find where the mystery wires go.  Yep, just
like my roadster, they went to a very dirty, very loose, ground post!  You
all know the drill from here.  A touch of emery cloth, tighten the bolt, and
ta-da!  Now, if it ever quits raining, I'm ready to mow!

  Now if I could only find one of these one owner, stored for 20 years, 67.5
solex 2000's before the owner finds this list and starts reading about
$25,000 roadsters, ......!

Paul
OROC