Re: Shasta

To: CalSpeed@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Shasta
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:31:06 -0700

CalSpeed@aol.com wrote:

> I think that it is important to note that the track day at Thunderhill
> Raceway is open to all Datsuns but priority is given to members of the
> hosting club.  The club that is sponsoring the All Datsun Meet is the NorCal
> UFO/510 Club.  If you want to run on Thunderhill you need to pay for the
> complete "All Datsun Meet" package.
> *Note: This does not cover the Roadster Meet!  Btw... No Refunds!

I checked with the organizers of the event and this isn't completely true.
There is a 75 car limit and yes the cars who have paid for the "All Datsun Meet"
package do get preference on the track. The price for this single day event
is $90.00 early and $110.00 for entries after June 11th. Spectators are free and
can get a ride with one of the drivers. He also stated that tech will be more
stringent this year. Roll bars are required by the track for the roadster.

> If you want to just run the road Course portion of the event and spend the
> rest of the event with the Roadster show you may have a problem.  Unless you
> sign up as a member of the 510 Club.  If you were to join the club you would
> have priority over the other folks.

If you want preferential treatment for the road course you need to sign up for
the
complete "All Datsun Meet" this does not mean you will have to sign up for the
"All Datsun Meet" to run the road course.

> The reason the 510 CLub is doing this is because last year many people signed
> up for the T-Hill Event and never showed up.  Then they demanded a refund.
> Well, the event becomes fully booked and if there are no shows they lose
> money.  Absolutely not fair for a small club to lose money because of
> irresponsible people.  So, in order to protect themselves and have people who
> are serious about getting out on the track they implemented this new rule.

If you are not serious about running the road course then you will loose your
money this year.

> I ran on the track last year and it was great to get it on with all the
> Datsuns.  Especially with Dennis!  That is until he decided to lose a wheel
> at 60mph.

This is one of the reasons that the tech will be tougher this year.

Thanks,
Mike
NOWROC