Re: Stickers

To: Thomas Walter <walter@omni.sps.mot.com>,
Subject: Re: Stickers
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:06:52 -0700
According to Phillip it wasn't a BMW - he was being sensitive to the feelings
of anyone on
the list who might own one of the cars in question by not specifying the
make/model. As
for the BMW joke - of all the cars I have owned but no longer have, my '76 BMW
3.0Si is
the only one I still keep a picture of at  work. A lot of posers and
dilettantes drive
BMWs, but they are serious, well-crafted automobiles and I still miss mine. Not
a patch on
a Porsche in the twisties (of course, mine was a 3,000-lb 4-door sedan) but I
never met a
Mercedes I couldn't dust off with my 3-litre - and it would carry 5 adults in
comfort at
85 mph all day. That BMW straight-six is a piece of automotive art - such a
sweet motor...

Gary McCormick
San José, CA