Re: I need and AMP/FUEL guage

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need and AMP/FUEL guage
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:03:14 -0500

Robert,

  Give me a week or two and I should have one for you.  I found out that, with
a spacer, the
ammeter out of a 240Z will fit in the case of the 67.5.  I put one in my 67.5
yesterday and
it fits fine....works too!

I have another guage (260Z) coming and I should get it in about a week.  I have
a source for having 67.5 guages rebuilt, including the silk screen and
background paint.  If
you like I can have your fuel guage redone too, as well as the replacement
ammeter, so they would
match.  The only difference between the original roadster guage and those on
the Z cars is that
the Z's use studs on the back of the ammeter instead of the 1/4" disconnects, a
plus in my book.

The quick disconnects on my car were burned up and had melted the insulation on
the ammeter
leads back a good inch and a half.  The other difference is that the Z cars had
bigger alternators
than the roadsters.  My 240Z ammeter is 45 amps and the 260 is 60 Amps.  I
don't have any idea
what this conversion should cost, either with the rebuilding of the fuel guage,
repaint, etc.,
or without.  If the face of your ammeter is in good condition it should screw
right onto the new
ammeter.

With as big a problem as the ammeter burning up is, I suspect that there is a
reasonable market
for this conversion.  Anyone have any feelings one way or another to this
conversion?

Remember, this is for the half year only!

Peace,
Pat

I sent this out once, but I somehow got a typo in the CC line. Sorry.

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Hardware Guru
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885, UUCP:cs.utexas.edu!horne