Roadster parts suggestion and a question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster parts suggestion and a question
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:44:04 EDT
Hello all,

I haven't piped up in a day or two, so here I am!  I actually have a
suggestion regarding the 3rd brake light issue.  I saw a very nice, brand
new Z3 the other day that had a really nice, brand new luggage rack.  I say
nice because it was chrome, not that plastic crap (sorry, I hope that I did
not offend anyone there)  that is all to common these days.  Well anyway,
the rack had a built in brake light!!  It was way cool imho.  The owner was
a bit unapproachable (hmmm.... I will refrain from further comment.) so I
did not ask about the origins of the rack.  Judging from the fact that the
original third light lens was clear, I would assume that it was a BMW
accessory.  Neat if you can get one for cheap.

The question that I have came up after looking at the pics of the screaming
yellow, flared stroker 1600.  How does the linkage for the 1600 solex
manifolds typically mount?  Is it common practice to mount the cable mount
to the valve cover?

Thanks!

Sid