Re: Soliciting HVLP Spray Gun Advice

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soliciting HVLP Spray Gun Advice
From: DATSFUN <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 17:21:33 -0800
Daniel,
I have used both conventional and HVLP, much less overspray with HVLP,
but it is not eliminated. I recently bought a DeVilbiss Finishline II
gravity feed HVLP spray gun (http://www.devilbiss.com/Finshline.html).
I'm very happy with it, although I have only used for auto primer and
wood finishes, I haven't tried any auto paint (really need a booth for
that anyway).  The gun is mostly plastic but high quality and light
weight. DeVilbiss has a cup liner system that is really great, uses a
plastic bag (about 50 cents each) that saves lots of time on clean-up. I
bought the gun at a local auto paint supply for about $170, but I have
since seen the same gun at Sears under the Craftsman brand for about
$140. A word of caution if you send for info from Devilbiss, they will
put you on all kinds of junk mail lists (I used Devilbiss as my first
name so I know who the source is).
Todd Osborn
San Jose, CA