Re: Heater cores

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "John F Sandhoff"
Subject: Re: Heater cores
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:51:14 -0800
John,

I've rebuilt my '66 heater with a new core, and I can't imagine it being
much different than the high screens. Very easy to do. I got a brand new
core from one of our vendors, think it was Dean at Fairlady Products, cost
around $85-90. I'd rather go this route than having an old core re-cored.
The new ones come with new insulating foam. After cleaning up and
repainting the metal box with heat-resistant paint, it's like a brand-new
unit.

Fred - So.SF