Was Re: value of a 67.5 2000 but now silly OT

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Was Re: value of a 67.5 2000 but now silly OT
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:24:07 -0800
A mathematician was asked whether he would rather have a watch that lost 3
seconds an
hour, or one that was stopped completely. He thought about it for a moment and
replied,
"The watch that is stopped. It will show the correct time twice a day, while
the watch
that loses 3 seconds an hour will only show the correct time every 3 years,
3-1/2 months."

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA