goin for a ride!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: goin for a ride!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:17:52 -0800
Shook the cobwebs off the beast (and me) again today and took her for a ride
around the block. The turn signals don't work, the brakes are still mushy
and the interior is not much more than a couple of seats and a steering
wheel, but off I went. Had to do anther leak test after replacing the lower
radiator hose--the first one got chewed on by the fan pulley, grrrr! Didn't
cut thru, but no sense taking the chance. The old one is now an emergency
backup.

while going around the block, a kid tells me my trunk is open (the lock is
not installed yet!) and coming around a corner, three teenagers dressed like
Eminem stood staring at me as I passed with mouths hanging open and one of
them said "That's one fat-assed monster!" I hope he was talking about my
car. Maybe it was because I still have to put the hood back on, I don't
know. It just made me feel good that I named the monster--I mean
Beast--correctly :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600